Welcome back, superhuman
“Be the person you needed when you were younger” —Ayesha Siddiqi
OpenAI introduces fine-tuning for GPT-3.5 Turbo and GPT-4. This will allow developers to fine-tune these large language models for specific tasks, such as generating text, translating languages, or writing different kinds of creative content.
Thanks for reading AI Horizon! Subscribe for free to receive new posts and support my work.
Meta unveils SeamlessM4T multimodal translation model. This model can translate text, speech, and images simultaneously, making it ideal for real-time translation applications.
UK AI Week in Bangkok showcases innovation and collaboration. This event brought together AI experts from around the world to discuss the latest trends and applications of AI.
Shiseido Americas selects Amperity to transform its first-party data strategy. This partnership will help Shiseido to better understand its customers and create more personalized experiences.
Bill Gates says AI will be teaching kids literacy within 18 months. Gates believes that AI can be used to revolutionize education, and he is investing in companies that are developing AI-powered learning tools.
- Meta to launch web version of flagging Threads app. Meta is reportedly planning to launch a web version of its Threads app, which is designed for close friends and family. The web version of Threads is expected to be released in the coming weeks.
- Microsoft makes new bid to unblock Call of Duty deal. Microsoft has made a new bid to acquire Activision Blizzard, in an effort to get the deal approved by regulators in the United Kingdom. The new offer is worth $68.7 billion, up from the original $68.7 billion offer.
- X removes Holocaust-denying post after criticism. X has removed a post that denied the Holocaust after facing criticism from users. The post was shared by a far-right group and claimed that the Holocaust was a “hoax.”
- Apple endorses California bill on ‘Right to Repair’. Apple has endorsed a bill in California that would give consumers the right to repair their own devices. The bill, which is currently being considered by the state legislature, would require manufacturers to make repair parts and tools available to consumers.
- Nvidia adds jet fuel to AI optimism with record results, $25 billion buyback. Nvidia has reported record results for the second quarter of fiscal 2023, driven by strong demand for its AI chips. The company also announced a $25 billion buyback program.